2017 EWGA CENTRAL INDIANA CHAPTER – LEAGUE FAQ’s
What do I need to do to play?
You must contact your coordinator at least 1 day prior to league night or reply back to League email invitation, in order for her to pair you up with a foursome. Email any league coordinator using email@example.com. Make sure you include the evening and course you are interested in. Tell the league coordinator of any time restrictions you may have For example, “I’d to play in one of the last foursomes. If you’d like to play with a particular lady, let your league coordinator know. She will do her best to set up the arrangement.
Please check your schedule first when signing up for a league night. While we all understand that there are unexpected events that force us to be late or miss a league night, one person’s late arrival or cancellation affects everyone.
What should I expect during league?
- Arrive at the course at least 20-30 minutes prior to your scheduled tee time. This will allow you plenty of time to say your hellos, relax, and get situated. You may tee off a bit earlier than scheduled. [Ex. When your tee time is 5:45, this means you should be on the tee box ready to hit your 1st drive at 5:45. Having a tee time of 5:45 does not mean this is the time you pull into the parking lot.]
- The league coordinator (or designee) will be checking in each EWGA member. She will introduce you to your group.
- Pay the course for your 9-holes of play.
- At the end of the round, turn 1 score card for the foursome.
- After play, many times members stick around the clubhouse for snacks & beverages or may coordinate to stop at local eatery. It’s a great opportunity to meet new ladies & network.
What should I bring to league?
Everyone varies with what they bring to league night, but some good guidelines are: golf clubs, shoes, golf balls & tees, hat/visor/sunglasses, sunscreen, bug spray, rain gear, and jacket/sweater. Remember that we live in Indiana and the weather can change very quickly. Also, all the courses have snack bars where you can buy food & drinks.
I am a new golfer and am intimidated by the thought of playing with more experienced golfers.
- Our membership encompasses a wide variety of ability & experience levels. All members are there to enjoy the game of golf, and are more worried about their own score than yours!
- Remember that everyone was a new golfer at some point and the best way to learn what to do on the course is to watch others.
- Talk to your league coordinator – we can easily pair you with a mentor who can help you learn to navigate the golf course, learn course etiquette, etc.
I’m running late to league and won’t make it in time! What should I do?
Keep your league coordinator phone number on hand. If you are running late to league night, or can’t make it altogether, please call or text the league coordinator as soon as possible.
What if the inclement weather occurs?
In the event of inclement weather, the league coordinator will call the golf course to see if they are closed. If so, the coordinator will send out email notification cancelling league night. A good gauge is that if you haven’t seen a cancellation email by 4:30, assume the league night is on as scheduled. If you have any concerns, call the league coordinator.
I still have more questions – who can I contact?
Feel free to contact the League Chair, Laura Morris Email: Leagues@EWGAIndiana.com.